A wicked big thanks

to my FOs who believed in me, to Daniel for convincing me, to Allison who gave me a chance to do something right, to my friends for never giving up on me, to my family for agreeing to love me the way I am, to Wink for inspiring me, and to you for reading and supporting my blog.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Badass Bits&Bobs

My first category is WebComics. The ones I list here are all drawn by women
  1. DAR: A Super Girly Top Secret Comic Diary- The webcomic diary of a queer feminist and artist. Hilarious and brilliant.
  2. Girls With Slingshots- A webcomic that follows a writer named Hazel in her many adventures in life involving relationships, drinking, a slightly retarded cat, and a talking cactus. It's much better than I make it sound.
  3. Lackadaisy- The reason I list this comic is because the art is beautiful and the content is brilliant and well researched. It sounds nerdy but it's true and it's amazing for it. A comic about anthropomorphic cats running a speakeasy in prohibition era St Louis. Just look at the art if nothing else.

My next category is blogs
  1. The Huffington Post- It is the mothership of blogging. An excellent and amazing source for progressive news and information as well as host to a massive list of A-List bloggers.
  2. Life as an Underage Lesbian- I love following this blog because it's simply the life adventures of a young lesbian living life underage. It's well written and has some very good stories and insights.
  3. Vive la Vida- This is the blog of a woman I worked with on the Obama campaign. I'm asking you to please check it out because it has her videos from her recent trip to Rwanda to help film a documentary there. It's amazing and beautiful and Ash is a seriously brilliant little lady. The videos are incredible.
  4. Genderfork- It's very cool stuff about gender theory and gender queer etc.
Fun random things:
  • Compatible Partners- eHarmony was forced to launch a gay dating site after losing a lawsuit. This is their new site.
  • Whitehouse.gov- Our government went 2.0 and it's definitely worth checking out.
  • How To Kill A Mocking Bird- It's a flash video version of a book report by that one kid in the class who only read the first four chapters of the book and then made the rest up. It's long but it's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment